Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Move

Hooray!

I moved today!

So the good news is I've only talked to 2 of my 4 roommates and they both seem wicked cool. Definitely in the small percentage of REGULAR foreigners in Japan.

Also, this area is totally a WICKED location.

I'm 20 minutes walk to Shinjuku (the main shopping/business district - basically the area you think of when someone talks about downtown, neon-lights, Tokyo)

and 20 minutes walk to Harajuku (the arty commercialized district - the area you think of when someone talks about crazy Japanese fashion)

and 20 minutes walk to Shibuya (the area you see in lost-in-translation)

and 20 minutes walk from Shimo-kitazawa (the area that isn't necessarily in the guide books but once you get to know the city, it's totally the most understated, happening place, cute cafes and pubs, great little hidden gem boutique shopping, etc.)

basically, I'm psyched.

Yeah, the house is a bit old, and yeah I can't figure out how to work my heater right now, and yeah it might be broken, and yeah I'm writing this in ALL of my merino-wool long-underwear and a few extra layers and a toque....BUT! I'm excited :)

I'll post photos soon

p.s. I crossed another adulthood milestone this evening again - I bought my first set of bed-linens! (my last place came-with really terrible bed-linens about as soft as potato sacks, so I ran out to the Japanese version of Ikea - MUJI - tonight and bought the coziest bedding)

1 comments:

Voyno says Hi said...

sweetness

Post a Comment