Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I love Cooking!

I know, you're probably thinking: "What?! who has hacked Pola's blog and writing crazy titles?!" or perhaps you're thinking: "Oh that crazy Pola, so long in Japan she is mixing up her verbs, she means Eating not Cooking!"

Nope! I just made onigiri! They're basically balls of rice wrapped in baked seaweed with a special surprise inside (mine were tuna onigiri). Not too difficult, but delicious.

The problem I kept finding with buying them at my local combini (7-11, etc.) was that the special surprise was usually something awful that I was not expecting at all - I swear to god one day I had one either filled with chicken-heart or some other dense granular non-western meat, it made me a tad sick.

So I just looked up a you-tube video (god bless the internet) on how to make them and I made them all by myself! I'm posting the hilariously-Japanese-awesome video here:



p.s. I've basically just been working a ton and nothing else special lately. The next little while I have quite a few day-trips planned (snowboarding, and Disney, etc.) so I'll post more photos soon

0 comments:

Post a Comment