Saturday, February 27, 2010

Phoenix!

I went to the Pheonix concert in Shibuya the other day and it was SO GOOD!

It was definitely in my top 10 concerts ever, probably in my top 5. The crowd was SO energetic (which is saying a lot for the Japanese) and the band was really feeding off of that, so the show turned into a giant dance party. And in the end they invited fans to come on stage and it was just pure joyful insanity


You can tell Phoenix are genuinely good musicians and their straight-ahead unpretentious song writing just makes me smile. Check out the video of part of their opening song "Lisztomania" (I could see the security guards about to hunt me down as I was taking the video, so it had to be short):



and for those of you who don't know the band you can check out their wicked skills here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment