Tuesday, December 29, 2009

'Tis the Season

For me, the 27th of December was more of a Christmas than any Christmas day could have been.

After work we celebrated a bit of a Bonenkai(end of year)-like party with work. We had drinks and food and gift exchange (and tears, as some of the girls are getting transferred) and good vibes. The food was delicious, the drinks were alocholic and the company was fabulous; it couldn't have been better.

We all caught our last trains home but my night was not yet through. When I got home, I celebrated a proper Christmas with some roommates and friends. And did we EVER celebrate! My French roommate cooked an AMAZING 4 course dinner, including bacon-wrapped scallops, mushroom chicken with potatoes, yams, and carrots, plus of course baguette, cheese, and fabulous wine. Dinner started at midnight and we ate, drank, and talked until first train at about 5 am.

Only the first course

An American and a Japanese washing dishes
Sam in heaven with his wine and cheese


With a group of people I barely knew I had one of the most memorable Christmases - how lucky am I

0 comments:

Post a Comment