Monday, December 7, 2009

Autumn Foliage

Hello all,

The reason I haven't been blogging lately is 'cause really, even though this may seem like a cool thing to do in premise (move to Japan), I'm just living my normal life (plus a couple more challenges) but half-way across the world from home. Lately, I've just been going to work, coming home, cooking dinner, doing my laundry, running errands, etc, etc.

But today I had a day off and it was BEAUTIFUL outside and I met up with a new friend to go check out Mount Takao. Mount Takao is only about an hour away (which is nothing here, that's like driving across the city - in fact it IS driving across the city, the city never ends). So we headed out and took a chair-lift like thing up the mountain and got an amazing view of the city. At the top there was a really cool temple which we checked out and then we got some lunch - soba (buckwheat noodles) and tempura veggies and shrimp. After a while we hiked back down the mountain and took in some more amazing colors in the autumn light (yes, I know it's December 7th and I said autumn).

Anyway, thought I should post some pics. Check them out!

As usual, the pictures DO NOT do it justice







0 comments:

Post a Comment