Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mental Zen

Today was an odd day

First of all, last night was the strongest wind storm I have ever experienced. My house is an old wooden house that was a tad drafty over the winter. Last night I found out "drafty" was a severe understatement.

I woke up at 3 in the morning from the noise. Literally, even with my windows closed, my curtains were blowing and my bed was rocking. This was the wind equivalent of the crazy snow storm of 2008 (?) in Saskatoon.

By the time I had to work this morning the train stations were in complete disarray - my train was delayed 25 minutes. Usually, a delay of 3 minutes on Japan Rail Tokyo trains is odd.

As well, usually Saturdays and Sundays are crazy busy at work (i.e. I work 10-8:30 with one 45 min break). Today however was super slow for almost all the instructors.

To add to it all, the soundtrack to my day was Air's Talkie Walkie album


I only now realized the comedy of my listening to air on such a windy day

To top it all off, I've definitely already entered the vacation head space,
check out my roommates blog on Okinawa. I have tickets for the end of April but my mind has already departed

It's definitely time for spring to be here,
bring on the sakura

0 comments:

Post a Comment