Saturday, January 16, 2010

YYYs


I saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs Last Night!!!!

I remember getting their album in high-school! And I finally got to see them live last night - and in Tokyo!

It was WICKED!!!!!! The band was not disappointing in the least - the drummer is CRAZY good and Karen O's voice is dead-on. They played every song I wanted to hear. You should have seen the crowd and during "Pin" - the place turned into an INSANE (friendly) mosh pit. I think that song was particularly well received as the thrashy chorus' lyrics are the language-less "bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum de-doo de-doo de-doo de-doo"

The song I wanted to hear most (Date with the Night) was the encore with Karen O rocking out in a giant tinsel coat (think of an extravagant fur coat and replace the fur with silver, red, blue, and green sparkles) really, would you expect anything different from her?

Although I went to the show alone, waiting in line I started talking to a couple British girls and we ended up sharing a locker and I met their friends and generally we all had a great time.

I took a video of part of "Gold Lion" and I took some photos but of course the quality isn't the greatest. Just believe me, the blur in the middle is Karen O :)




Unfortunately the night had to end pretty quickly as I taught a ton of lessons today, but afterward I met up with a friend for dinner. It was extravagant:

0 comments:

Post a Comment