Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Last Days of Work

Yesterday was my last day of work and it was a bit painful saying goodbye! I got flowers and gifts and letters and one of my students even came in to say goodbye even though she didn't have a lesson (it turned into a big cry-fest).

I had no idea I would become so attached to all my students and coworkers! Whenever I travel I make temporary friends who I keep in touch with and have a good time with but I know inevitably we will all go home and so I don't let myself get to into any deep relationships. I came to Japan thinking of it just like all my other trips but longer...but Tokyo turned into a home.

After work we had a karaoke farewell party with the staff in Ikebukuro but I'll likely stop by there to give a proper (more sober) goodbye before I leave, so those goodbyes were not that bad.

Here's a few photos from the last days:


Flowers I got from one of my regular students
(in my make-shift thermos/vase)

More gifts

The amazing scrapbook Akina (my fav student/friend) made for me

Karaoke with the Akabane staff

Manager, counselor, and instructor

Adrian being witty again

0 comments:

Post a Comment